Celebrate your pet and the life-changing impact of assistance animals
Join the Petember pack this September, spend quality time with your pet and raise funds for assistance dogs for kids living with Autism and anxiety.
SIGN UP TODAY (IT'S FREE!)
Sign up to take part before 31 August for your chance to WIN a $200 online shopping spree at FuzzYard!
Plus - You can choose to make a paw-sonal donation of $25 or more to earn an exclusive Petember bandana for your pet!
Taking part in Petember is a way to celebrate the impact your pet makes in your life and change the lives of kids with Autism and anxiety by raising funds for assistance dogs.
Spend extra special quality time spoiling your pet this September, take part in fun activities, and raise funds for assistance dogs for kids living with Autism and anxiety.
PLUS you and your pet will reap the benefits of spending even more special time together.
Follow along with our set themes each week - take PAWt, post pics of your quality time and raise funds right throughout September.
There’s $5,000 in prizes for our fave photos of the week PLUS heaps of rewards to earn!
- Sign up
- Ask your friends to supPAWt you
- Take PAWt in our weekly challenges and share on socials
- Post your pics daily or once a week with a link to your fundraising page for your chance to WIN (the more times you share your page and pics, the more chances you have to WIN!)
1. Sign Up
Sign up to take PAWt (it’s FREE) and create a fundraising page. Then ask your friends, family and other PAWrents to sponsor you to help Variety Assistance Dogs!
2. Challenge yourself
PAWpare yourself for some PAWsome weekly activitity themes announced every Tuesday in Petember. There’s heaps of great prizes to win and rewards to earn from SCHMACKOS™, FuzzYard and more!
3. Support Assistance Dogs
By taking part and celebrating the impact your pet has on your life you'll help provide dogs for kids currently on our waiting list and to work with service providers to train, care for and place future assistance dogs.
|| Good Dogs Taking PAWt
- O’Bryan just registered for Petember
- Cathrine just registered for Petember
- Jessica just registered for Petember
- Benjamin just registered for Petember
- Olivia just registered for Petember
- Zoe just registered for Petember
- Lauren just registered for Petember
- Leonie just registered for Petember
- Ann just registered for Petember
- Diane just registered for Petember
- Bianca just registered for Petember
- Jasmine just registered for Petember
- Catherine just registered for Petember
- Josh just registered for Petember
- Judi just registered for Petember
- Melissa just registered for Petember
- Rebecca just registered for Petember
- Kristen just registered for Petember
- Nicole just registered for Petember
- Beyonce just registered for Petember
By taking part in this PAWsome challenge celebrating the impact of your pet in your life, you'll be changing the lives of kids living with Autism and anxiety. Kids just like Jett and Milo experiencing benefits including:
Your supPAWt makes a difference! Assistance Dogs give kids living with disability:
Dogs are trained to be tethered alongside kids with autism and sensory disorders. The dogs sit or lie down to anchor them, allowing safe visits near roads and other public areas and getting kids out and about in the community and taking part in day to day activities.
Dogs provide companionship and a best friend for kids living with anxiety and other disorders. The dogs reassuring presence grows kids confidence to interact with their peers and form strong social connections, often for the very first time.
Dogs can detect an oncoming anxiety attack in kids and intervene by nudging, applying contact pressure or licking to induce calm. These special dogs can even retrieve a parent or carer to provide assistance to their child.
...And Save Lives
Specially trained seizure alert dogs save lives. These highly trained animals can place their bodies next to a child having a seizure to prevent injury, remain with the child as a support and, most importantly, activate an alarm to alert parents and carers that a seizure is taking place.
The Petember Pack
Bark out loud for our Petember Pack! Good PAWsome pets doing good for kids in need while having FUN and showcasing their PAWsonality!
Follow us on socials
Get in touch! Contact us at Variety - the Children's Charity on (03) 8698 3900 or email@example.com
The SCHMACKOS™, ROGER Character and DOGS GO WACKO FOR SCHMACKOS™ trademarks are owned by Mars or Affiliates.